Wednesday 5 September 2012

Amen to that


"One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don't invest any energy in them, because I know who I am." - Michelle Obama"





 I have just come across this quote from the amazing woman; Michelle Obama. I totally agree with this quote as I will admit that this is something that I have struggled with, not so much now though but more as I was growing up. Of course, there are some days when I find myself reverting back to my old ways but I can honestly say that overall  especially over the past 12 months I do not waste much of my time focusing on any negative energy, comments etc as not only does it give me spots Lol but also because I do believe that positivity always wins! I truly like who I am as person (not in an arrogant way) though. What I mean is that I accept that I may not be everyone's cup of tea and some people might find my style and personality too 'quirky' but for every person that doesn't ‘get me’ there are many others that do. See how I see it as some people prefer Jimmy Choos, others may prefer Louboutins and thats all good.  One thing I can say is that whatever I do I always like to keep it real by staying true to myself and to me that is just fab-u-lous!!!!

 Finally to quote DVF The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself. Because no matter what happens, you will always be with yourself.”  Diane Von Furstenberg

 Amen to that
  

No comments:

Post a Comment