Friday 8 June 2012

A Fashion night out in Brick Lane


I absolutely LOVE discovering a fabulous new brand or designer so you can imagine my excitement when a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of attending The May Daze Clothing Curiosity Fashion show in Brick lane.  The fashion show was a collaborative evening of fashion, music and art, celebrating the collections of several East London independent brands/designers.

Some of the brands/designers that featured in the show were:

• Aimee Du
• Artisan. S
• Des Moines
• Dolly Dare
• Harnett & Pope
• London Loves L.A.
• Raphael Roggendorf
• Tarang Bharti
• Twinne

I did have a cheeky look at all the designers beforehand which I must say increased my excitement for the show even more!!  I was particularly looking forward to seeing Dolly Dare; London loves LA and Aimee Du as these 3 designers are a mixture of my personal style and represent my favourite eras.


London Loves LA (picture courtesy of London Loves LA)


Dolly Dare (picture courtesy of Dolly Dare)

Aimee Du  (picture courtesy of Aimee Du)


The fashion show took place in the uber cool (and dark) cafe 1001, on brick lane.  I arrived just in time to hear the live band; Freddy and the Hoares , (a sort of rock/folk band) who were great!


Cafe 1001, Brick Lane- where the show took place

It was a hot evening outside and even hotter insider so on arrival I headed straight to the bar to order a glass of Gin and tonic and then I attempted to locate my seat which I could not find (grr). I was then kindly invited to join a group of 3 lovely girls from Swallow our words on the front row.


The lovely girls from Swallow our words







So the show:
Well the show was just fashion fabulous! As each model strutted their stuff down the catwalk looking fantastic I frantically attempted to take pictures, annoyingly my camera decided to stop working so I sadly did not get any great pictures. All  the collections were fab, fab, fab but I must say I was left dribbling over the gorgeous prints from Amiee, the fun and 90-esque products from London Loves La and the fantabulose  I-must-have –now  tutu frocks from Dolly Dare .

Overall  the night was just great! What I loved about this show was the variety on offer,  even though each designer/brand had their own hand writing all pieces screamed London fashion.  In a interview before the show many of the designers/buyers were asked to define London fashion, words such as ‘electric, experimental , inspiring and anything goes’ were used.  This fashion show not only  represented  all these words but it also reminded me why I love, love, love London fashion.



Picture courtesy of Cafe 1001


Picture courtesy of Cafe 1001




























I left the show feeling very inspired, a tad tipsy and a proud Londoner!!

All that is left to say is a BIG thanks to Tattylittlebooty and Sophie for the invite to the show!!  Roll on the next one!!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment